Perform and coordinate activities necessary in calculating, processing, posting, verifying, and maintaining data and payments to accounts receivable and collection records by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
- Ensure accounts receivable and collection activities are performed in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Collaborate with center managers and other center staff regarding both in-house and outside referred collection activities.
- Communicate and exchange data with outside collection agency on all NFMC accounts eligible for referral to outside collection.
- Maintain record keeping systems, forms, policies, and procedures related to collections, and other accounts receivable related activities.
- Process patient statements on a weekly basis as generated through the NFMC practice management system.
- Adjust errors and respond appropriately to complaints and inquiries from patients regarding their NFMC statements.
- Provide assistance to center managers regarding past due accounts, payment arrangements, bad checks, pt. refunds, etc.
- Participate in cross training of other accounts receivable activities, including but not limited to third party billing.
- Performs slide fee chart audits to verify compliance with slide fee documentation requirements as needed.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance for the designated hours of operation at the designated location.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or certificate in a related field from a college or technical school. Experience beyond that required may substitute for years of college on a year- by- year basis with a High School Education or equivalency diploma.
- Minimum of three years accounts receivable experience which includes one year of experience in a health care organization.
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 298-6000 – Fax: (850) 298-6054