Provide the full scope of dental health care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care and maintenance to patients of all ages. Must have completed a State of Florida approved Dental Assisting Program and have a State of Florida approved expanded functions certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the dentist during examination and treatment of patients
- Provide diagnostic aid, including exposing and developing radiographs, taking and recording medical and dental histories, recording vital signs and taking preliminary impressions for study casts as needed.
- Perform prophylaxis and fluoride treatments on children, and give oral hygiene instructions.
- Prepare operatory, instruments, and patient for dental treatment
- Coordinate arrival and departure of patient with receptionist
- Properly clean and sterilize (or disinfect when appropriate) instrument equipment, operatory, and laboratory as patient flow or procedures dictate
- Five post-operative instructions to the patient as prescribed by the dentist
- Possess a working knowledge of medical emergencies and assist in the management of them
- Assist dentist in screening and education programs, including off-site
- Restock and order supplies and maintain inventory control as assigned by the Center Manager with input from dentist.
- Responsible for maintenance of autoclave, x-ray developer, and water system at specified intervals.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Certification of completion of dental assistant training
- Expanded Function Certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
Click this Link to our Application.
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 385-4494 – Fax: (850) 298-6054
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org