Responsible for insurance and patient billing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
- Billing all insurance carriers on a timely basis
- Resubmit and appeal claims as required.
- Run daily update and insurance exception reports for claims monitoring.
- Insurance billing; private insurance; electronic billing of Medicare and Medicaid.
- Re-file insurance on accounts.
- Answer correspondence and/or telephone inquiries from insurance companies.
- Assist patients with questions regarding insurance and/or account balances.
- Post patient payments received at corporate office.
- Post payments from insurance carriers.
- Work Delinquent Claims Reports and follow up with insurance.
- Notify center manager and accountant of patient and insurance refunds weekly.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance for the designated hours of operation at the designated location.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Education or equivalency diploma and a minimum of two years of medical billing and coding experience.
- Previous medical office experience filing Medicare, Medicaid and other third party insurance filing and appeals preferred.
(We recommended downloading an application if applying for multiple positions)
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 298-6000 – Fax: (850) 298-6054