Ensures that the network and hardware infrastructure is functioning efficiently and in good repair. Assists users in system operation and corrects malfunctions or breakdowns promptly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains systems, installs new units, and makes modifications to the network as directed.
- Troubleshoots and assists users with any difficulties they may encounter.
- Performs diagnostic tests to ensure integrity of system and upgrades firewall and virus protection on a regular basis.
- Is responsible for installation and maintenance of peripheral devices, including printers, switches, hubs, cameras, or any other devised as required.
- Maintains e-mail system and adds users as required.
- Works with the network administrator to review and analyze hardware and software needs and recommends changes and upgrades.
- Assists in custom application development and installation.
- Receives telephone calls from users with data communications problem such as failure of data to be transmitted to another location.
- Updates documentation to record new equipment installed, new sites, and changes to computer configurations.
- Inspects communications wires and cables.
- Trains staff and users to use equipment.
- Test, adjusts, and repairs central office equipment
- Performs periodic preventive maintenance on computer systems.
- Maintains the computer systems including software backups.
- Assists computer operators when technical problems occur.
- Checks for common causes of trouble, such as loose connections or obviously defective components.
- Reviews manufacturers’ specifications showing connections and instructions on how to locate problems.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in computer science and 1+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus.
(We recommended downloading an application if applying for multiple positions)
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 298-6000 – Fax: (850) 298-6054