Responsible for providing practical nursing care to clinic patients under supervision of providers and Center Manager. Work collaboratively with the care team and community resources to coordinate care and services. Become fully functional in the use of the electronic medical record (EMR) and follow the EMR Manual instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in care team meetings and pre-visit planning.
- Interview patient to determine medical problem/condition and documents in the EMR for provider.
- Obtain and record patient’s vital signs, height/weight/BMI, tobacco status, and last menstrual period, when applicable.
- Assist the provider(s) with examinations as needed.
- Review provider’s orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Document services performed for medical records and billing purposes.
- Dress wounds, applies compresses, ice bags.
- Administer specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, and notes time and amount in patients’ EMR.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Collect samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum from patients for testing.
- Track lab tests until results are available, flagging and following up on overdue results.
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Follow provider’s orders to notify patients of normal and abnormal lab and imaging test results, communicating the provider’s advice and instructions.
- Follow EMR manual instructions to coordinate referrals for patients. Obtains instructions through insurance and other provider’s offices.
- Track imaging tests and referrals until results are available, flagging and following up on overdue results.
- Follow up with inpatient facilities or newborn screening website to obtain newborn hearing and blood-spot screening (NA for adults).
- Promote wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating provider’s advice and instructions.
- Adhere to OSHA/infection control/safety and VFC guidelines, maintaining equipment, instruments and stock supplies.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned by lead provider or CMO.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current LPN License issued by the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Current BLS Certification.
(We recommended downloading an application if applying for multiple positions)
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 298-6000 – Fax: (850) 298-6054