Work collaboratively with the care team and community resources to coordinate care and services. Become fully functional in the use of the electronic medical record (EMR) and follow the EMR Manual instructions. Work within the scope of duties as appropriate for the situation as outlined below. Medical Assistant may not perform any service that calls for the exercise of nursing judgment. Does not refer to self as a nurse or allow others to do so.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WITH ALL PROVIDERS include the following:
- Participate in care team meetings and pre-visit planning.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assists Provider in examinations.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, and weight/BMI, obtains tobacco status, and records information on patient charts.
- Assists in the collection of non-invasive laboratory specimens for which training has been given.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by Provider.
- Tracks labs, imaging tests, and consults/referrals until results are available.
- Keeps medical records in accordance to procedures and forms.
- Follows principles of medical ethics for medical assistant
- Keeps rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned within MA’s scope of practice.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ONLY WITH A PHYSICIAN ON SITE include the following:
- Assists with any procedures within MA’s scope of practice.
- Invasive procedures within MA’s scope of practice to include venipunctures and non-intravenous injections.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and RMA or CMA. Minimum 5 years work experience as an MA with RMA or CMA can be substituted in place of graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Proof and maintenance of RMA or CMA throughout employment required.
- Minimum of one-year work experience, preferred.
- Must have and maintain BLS certification.
Click this Link to our Application.
Human Resources Phone: (850) 385-4494 – Fax: (850) 298-6054
To apply for this job please visit webcorp.com.