Drives mobile unit to designated sites and provides administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Drive mobile unit to designated sites for patient care and returns to designated area.
- Complies with all traffic regulations to operate the mobile unit in a safe manner.
- Performs set up and tear down of mobile unit before and after patient care, including pre- and post-trip mobile unit inspections.
- Ensures timely completion of routine maintenance of the mobile unit.
- Acts as initial point of contact for patients coming to the mobile unit by signing in patients and taking patient demographic and insurance information. Check patients in and out as outlined in the NFMC receptionist manual. These include:
- Utilizing the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in place.
- Ensure/verify all patient information on record is current and accurate.
- Collect/verify/update patient demographic and billing information for new and established patients.
- Verify patient insurance and eligibility, including sliding fee scale eligibility, when applicable, for each visit.
- Ensure patients receive, complete, sign and submit all required forms, including those documents necessary for determining sliding fee scale eligibility consistent with NFMC sliding fee scale policy and procedures.
- Collect fees at time of visit, including payments on past due accounts.
- Request patients complete patient satisfaction surveys.
- Balance cash drawer, document the daily deposit, and complete end of day batch procedures.
- Responsible for scanning patient daily sign-in sheets and all medical records received into patient chart in a timely manner. Scanned documents must be legible.
- Answer mobile unit telephone promptly with professional telephone etiquette.
- Reports all malfunctions of equipment to the Director of Center Operations.
- Performs checks to ensure that all occupational hazards are fixed and/or reported to the appropriate staff member.
- Treat all on-site visitors with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Flexibility with the ability to work variable hours and locations.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Florida commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Minimum 6 months bus or truck driving experience. Mobile unit experience a plus.
- Must successfully pass health questionnaire and FIT testing.
(We recommended downloading an application if applying for multiple positions)
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 298-6000 – Fax: (850) 298-6054