Process bi-weekly payroll. Process vendor invoices and prepare for payment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee coding, input and posting of approved invoices to computerized Accounts Payable voucher register. Prepare check run; arrange for mailing of checks to vendors.
- Maintain accuracy of vendor files on computerized Accounts Payable system.
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding invoices and payments, shared duty with purchasing agent.
- Enter credit memos/debit memos/void checks into computer system as required.
- Prepare all necessary manual checks via computerized system.
- Print A/P Reports, when needed.
- Maintain A/P files with copies of purchase orders and receiving reports (packing lists) for matching to invoices, including miscellaneous filing.
- Assist in collecting information for annual budget, reports for Grantee and Governmental agencies and other miscellaneous projects.
- Using the time and attendance and payroll software packages:
- Input employee hours worked: regular, overtime, vacation, sick, personal and holidays.
- Produce biweekly time sheets, roll-up approved time sheets.
- Tally and verify for accuracy biweekly time sheets.
- Transfer information to payroll service software from timekeeping system.
- Verify all employees’ time and deductions.
- Review and distribute payroll checks (to supervisors and/or other authorized employees).
- Maintain all payroll related files.
- Prepare manual payroll checks.
- Prepare all payroll related journal entries for payment of payroll taxes.
- Prepare reports and checks for all payroll deductions (annuities, loans, garnishes, etc.).
- Prepare and submit retirement contributions and reports from employees and NFMC.
- Prepare annual W2s and 1099s.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from Two-Year College or technical school; and one to two years Payroll and Accounts Payable related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
(We recommended downloading an application if applying for multiple positions)
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 298-6000 – Fax: (850) 298-6054