Coordinate and process referral requests for proper patient treatment and address positive scores on PRAPARE forms. Work collaboratively with the care team and community resources to coordinate care and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain and track insurance authorization from in-network and out-of-network insurance carriers for new patients and follow-up visits with our medical providers.
- Process provider referral/consults orders (EMG, CT, MRI, etc.) using electronic health record (EHR) system.
- Coordinate new therapy and specialist referrals/consults for insurance plans that require authorization. This includes obtaining any insurance authorization needed.
- Accurately enter notes into EHR regarding letters or correspondence from insurance companies. These documents should also be scanned into the appropriate patient chart in the EHR.
- Follow-up on overdue reports or appointments.
- Contact patient to advise them of referral information so they can schedule an appointment with specialist.
- Handles and returns referral/consult related calls.
- Update and keep current the NFMC order tracking tab in the EHR.
- Contact patients who scored positively on the PRAPARE form to confirm social needs and connect the patient to the appropriate resources for the social need with appropriate follow-up, as needed.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties as assigned in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance for the designated hours of operation at the designated location.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years medical office experience performing insurance verifications and authorizations using online portals for insurance companies as well as verbally.
- Electronic medical records experience, desirable.
- Medical Assistant preferred.
Click this Link to our Application.
Human Resources Phone: (850) 385-4494 – Fax: (850) 298-6054
To apply for this job please visit webcorp.com.