Coordinate and process referral requests for proper patient treatment. Work collaboratively with the care team and community resources to coordinate care and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain and track insurance authorization from in-network and out-of-network insurance carriers for new patients and follow-up visits with our medical providers.
- Process provider referral/consults orders (EMG, CT, MRI, etc.) using electronic health record (EHR) system.
- Coordinate new therapy and specialist referrals/consults for insurance plans that require authorization. This includes obtaining any insurance authorization needed.
- Accurately enter notes into EHR regarding letters or correspondence from insurance companies. These documents should also be scanned into the appropriate patient chart in the EHR.
- Follow-up on overdue reports or appointments.
- Contact patient to advise them of referral information so they can schedule an appointment with specialist.
- Handles and returns referral/consult related calls.
- Update and keep current the NFMC order tracking tab in EHR.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties as assigned in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance for the designated hours of operation at the designated location.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years medical office experience performing insurance verifications and authorizations using online portals for insurance companies as well as verbally.
- Electronic medical records experience, desirable.
- Medical Assistant preferred.
Click this Link to our Application.
Human Resources Phone: (850) 385-4494 – Fax: (850) 298-6054
To apply for this job please visit webcorp.com.