Website Full Time
Oversees and manages the organization-wide risk program and provides guidance to management and staff. The Risk Manager works collaboratively with the Chief Medical Officer, Clinical Services Director, Director of Center Operations, Human Resources Director, and other staff to assess minimizing risk to the organization and ensure compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Bureau of Primary Health Care risk management requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and maintains organization-wide risk management program and annually evaluates for improvement opportunities. Acts as the organizations expert resource in risk reduction and keeps abreast of trends in the industry.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a risk mitigation plan.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a risk management training program and annually evaluates for improvement opportunities.
- Consistently assess the risk needs of the organization and conducts risk management investigations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Investigates employee and patient incident reports, patient complaints, patient care issues, and other issues as requested by supervisor.
- Collaborates with medical centers and/or the Clinical Services Director to investigate and with resolution for clinical compliance issues. Consults with the CEO to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Monitors all risk incidents and ensures follow-up is completed.
- Ascertains that risks are minimized through follow-up and actions on all regulatory/insurance survey report recommendations/deficiencies. Understands the fiduciary duties to identify, disclose, and manage the organization’s risk.
- Analyze all appropriate reports to identify risk management patterns and trends for leadership.
- Proactively evaluates areas of organizational risk based on internal assessment and external benchmarking.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, include HRSA, FTCA and OSHA, as it relates to risk management.
- Coordinates with the Clinical Services Director to conduct clinical safety/risk inspections to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws or NFMC policies and procedures.
- Works with center managers and staff in the areas of Emergency Management and Continued Operations to reduce risk areas.
- Works collaboratively with the Human Resources Director related to workers’ compensation injuries and claims to reduce risk.
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual clinical audits in conjunction with FQHC, OSHA, federal, state, and local standards and requirements.
- Responsible for the management and processing of medical malpractice claims related activities and serves as the claims point of contact to ensure coverage through FTCA. Ensures maximum protection from discovery of all claims/potential claims materials. Activities include the coordination of documents and other records and materials needed during a claim and litigation process including providing contact information for providers, assisting with discovery responses for litigation and, on behalf of the CEO, may contact the Office of the General Counsel paralegal for a general status update on the claim.
- Part of the Security Risk Assessment team, safety team, and other teams/committees as deemed appropriate.
- Must travel to all NFMC locations as required and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing and current Florida RN license.
- Minimum of four (4) years in health care setting.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in risk management and OSHA practices.
- Certification as a certified professional healthcare risk manager (CHPRM) is desired.
(We recommended downloading an application if applying for multiple positions)
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 298-6000 – Fax: (850) 298-6054