Work collaboratively with the care team and community resources to coordinate care and services. Become fully functional in the use of the electronic medical record (EMR) and follow the EMR Manual instructions. Work within the scope of duties as appropriate for the situation as outlined below. When a physician is onsite, the MA will be able to perform invasive procedures within the MA’s scope of practice, to include venipunctures and non-intravenous injections.
Medical Assistant may not perform any service that calls for the exercise of nursing judgment. Does not refer to self as a nurse or allow others to do so.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and RMA or CMA.
- Minimum 5 years work experience as an MA with RMA or CMA can be substituted in place of graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Proof and maintenance of RMA or CMA throughout employment required.
- Minimum of one-year work experience, preferred.
- Must have and maintain BLS certification.
- vary depending on the need
- Monday – Friday
- typically 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- No weekends
If you want to be a part of a team that is increasing access to quality healthcare and improving the overall health of your community, we encourage you to apply with us.
North Florida Medical is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen, background check, employment verification, and credential/license verification.
To apply for this job please visit webcorp.com.