Welcome and assist all center callers, patients and visitors in a professional and courteous manner. Promote a positive patient experience with outstanding customer service. Adhere to organization policies and follow work processes specified in NFMC’s receptionist manual and other established procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Treats all on-site visitors with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Actively participate in assigned care team activities; same day appointment scheduling pre-visit planning and Patient Center Medical Home meetings and trainings.
- Schedule patient appointments consistent with appointment scheduling policies and procedures.
- Check patients in/out as outlined in NFMC receptionist manual. These include:
- Utilizing the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in place.
- Ensure/verify all patient information on record is current and accurate.
- Collect/verify/update patient demographic & billing information for new & established patients.
- Verify patient insurance and eligibility, including sliding fee scale eligibility when applicable, for each visit.
- Ensure patients receive, complete, sign and submit all required forms, including documents necessary for determining sliding fee scale eligibility consistent with NFMC sliding fee scale policy and procedures when applicable
- Collect fees at time of visit including payments on past due accounts.
- Request patients to complete Patient satisfaction surveys.
- Balance cash drawer, document the daily deposit and complete end of day batch procedures.
- Properly use and care for office equipment. (i.e. computers, copiers, credit machines etc.)
- Responsible for scanning patient daily sign-in sheets and all medical records received into patient chart in a timely manner. Scanned documents must be legible.
- Verify medical record request forms are complete and signed by patient. Send/receive/process medical record requests.
- Answers telephone promptly with professional telephone etiquette. Record and route messages including messages generated from the answering service for after-hour medical calls according to specified messaging procedures in the receptionist manual.
- Establish and maintain a respectful, courteous and professional working relationship with visitors, patients, co-workers, outside agencies and other center staff for promoting a quality work environment as described in NFMC Policy & Procedure handbook.
- Achieve and sustain outstanding performance scores for assigned performance objectives.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance for the designated hours of operation at the designated location.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
One year certificate from college or technical school or one year or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience related to this type of position.
Human Resources Direct Phone: (850) 385-4494 – Fax: (850) 298-6054
To apply for this job please visit webcorp.com.